So I’ve been thinking about this a lot lately because there is such a fine line between the two when you have an eating disorder and really only you can define that line and distinguish between the two.
Last weekend I tried something new… and I realized that what I had tried was something I’d never had because of pickiness.
One of the thing I think is important, is to distinguish between ‘fear foods’ and foods that you are simply don’t like for taste or texture reasons.
And it’s really… a touchy topic I think… because extreme pickiness could lead to or even be an eating disorder. For me, I’ve been picky since I was a kid… for as long as I can remember… I know I’m just really sensitive to tastes, I can’t have anything too overwhelming, overly textured foods can be too much for me sometimes… but it’s always been that way, which is how I know I’m a picky eater.
I think many people suffering from eating disorders may claim to be a picky eater even though they aren’t. So I think it’s important for everyone to evaluate weither or not this is actually true or they just have a lot of fear foods.
I meant for this post to have some logical sense… but I think I just ended up rambling.
Once I make more sense of it in my brain I’ll see if I can make more sense of it for you guys to… I just wanted to get it out of my head.
**Oh, but I should add… while I do believe in being a picky eater, I still think it’s important to challenge limits due to picky eating as well as fear foods. You never know. You might find something you like.
- collarbonedoor likes this
- fightthewhispers reblogged this from recoveryisbeautiful
- keepfightingiloveyou likes this
- the-queerest-of-them-all likes this
- theboxofchange reblogged this from recoveryisbeautiful
- huqs-or-fuqs reblogged this from recoveryisbeautiful and added:
- baladies likes this
- unship likes this
- meganonii said: I enjoyed reading this :) never really thought about it but its very true! Have an amazing day <3
- stayxstrongx likes this
- bostonrunner likes this
- heydoodlehey likes this
- recoveryisbeautiful posted this